Tuesday 31 December 2013

First Post!

Hi everyone!
So I'm Kaywin (obviously a username :P) but you can call me Maddy. Either one works for me, I'm not really fussed. Actually, the only reason I've put "Kaywin" on here is because it's the username I use for most of my Japanese stuff on the incredible interweb ;) (One thing you should know about me, I have a tendency to overuse emoticons :P) (See what I mean? ;)
Now, you can probably guess from the title, but this blog is about learning the incredible Japanese language.
But first things first, I am by no means fluent in Japanese. Nope. Not even close. That's why this is called "Let's Learn Japanese Together". Making sense now? Good.
In this blog, I'm going to attempt to teach you guys some basic Japanese (and have you teach me as well! ;) Basically we'll all teach each other. Sound good? No? Well, that's probably because you're thinking "well, she's not fluent, so how's she gonna help?" The answer to that, my friends, is that I may very well not. I'm not gonna lie. But the thing is that I'm also learning, so I know what works well with teaching and learning, and what doesn't. Essentially I hope I can relate to you better than some actual teachers do (no offense, teachers!) Let's rephrase that, maybe. I hope I can relate to you on another level. I'm not doing a great job selling this idea, am I?
Now I mentioned the fact that I use "Kaywin" for Japanese stuff, so I suppose I should talk very quickly about that. The main thing (in fact, possibly the only thing) that I use this name for is a brilliant website called Lang-8 (hope that link works!). If you haven't heard of it, now you have. And now that you've heard of it, you should really consider signing up for it. It's a website that allows you to write/post stuff in the language(s) you're learning, and have native speakers correct it for you. And of course you get to correct other people's posts, as well. I'll probably do a follow-up post about it at some point. Maybe. The other thing I use Kaywin for is YouTube, but since I don't do public-speaking type stuff, there's absolutely nothing on there, so I don't even know why I mentioned it, quite honestly.
Anyway, I've written way too much here, so good-bye for now! Hopefully I can do some proper posts before school goes back.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment